Volunteering at Conference
You must be an active AAAL student member through the dates of the conference in order to sign up. Should your membership expire between now and the conference, you will need to renew your membership before volunteering.
Volunteers are also required to register to attend the conference.
Volunteering for the full, 4-hour shift is required in order for your conference registration fee to be refunded.
Before signing up to volunteer, you must have already registered and paid the conference registration fee. Your payment will be refunded to you after the conference, following the successful completion of your assigned shift.
If you have any questions, please email the AAAL Business Office at email@example.com.
- Registration Desk: These individuals will assist attendees by distributing name badges and answering any questions at the registration desk.
- REQUIREMENT: You must serve for a 4-hour shift at the Registration Desk on one of the four days of the conference.
- Attendee Assistant: These volunteers will be stationed on each floor and will be responsible for assisting attendees with directions to sessions, facilities, as other needs as requested. They will assist with contacting a designated A/V staff member if technological support is needed.
- REQUIREMENT: You must serve for a 4-hour shift on your assigned floor on one of the four days of conference.
- Roundtable Support: These volunteers will be responsible for moderating and time-keeping during the roundtable sessions.
- REQUIREMENT: You must serve for a 4-hour shift in your assigned room on one of the four days of conference.
All volunteer applicants must be registered for the conference in order to be considered for a volunteer position. Register here by February 10, 2023 in order to receive the best possible registration rate.
Visit this page to see the great speakers that we have lined up for you at this year's conference.
Visit this page to learn more about our Invited Colloquia and their presentations.