American Association for Applied Linguistics Strategic Plan
January 1 , 2022
AAAL Strategic Plan lays out goals determined to be central to advancing the mission of the organization.
- Increase opportunities for early career scholars to engage in mentoring during and beyond the conference.
- Engage in long-term planning for different delivery models of the annual conference.
- Refine conference program structure and academic content approval process.
Research & Scholarship
- Provide opportunities and develop a plan for how to support early career scholars in their research and scholarship.
- Continue to support students in their paths to become productive scholars.
- Showcase new developments in theory and research in applied linguistics.A
Professional Development and Knowledge Mobilization
- Better serve under-represented and/or under-resourced applied linguists and their scholarship.
- Further develop mentoring, networking, and professional development opportunities beyond the conference.
- Continue to enhance our global engagement to meet the needs of our members from around the world.