Indigenous Language Scholarship Support Fund
This fund will be used to provide support enabling indigenous scholars to present and participate in the conference. It will facilitate presentation of papers, posters and roundtables on Indigenous languages. The funding is intended for scholars presenting on Indigenous languages who have very limited or no access to funding. Priority will be given to community-based language experts.
A maximum of $5,000 per year will be budgeted to support these scholars.
- Conference registration waiver is provided.
- Up to $500 per person may be granted for travel support.
- Grantees must adhere to AAAL reimbursement policies and procedures, submitting receipts for expenses up to the allotted amount.
- Information about this fund will be posted with the AAAL Call for Proposals in June annually.
- Notification of acceptance is typically sent on or around October 1. Accepted presenters must apply for this funding by October 15.
- Decisions of the committee are made and communicated by the Business Office by October 25.
- Grantees must register by November 1 or may forfeit the funding.
- Grantees must submit reimbursement form and receipts by February 1. Checks will be delivered on-site at the annual conference or mailed following. No funds will be disbursed prior to the annual conference.