Indigenous Language Scholarship Support Fund
This fund will be used to provide support enabling indigenous scholars to present and participate in the conference. It will facilitate presentation of papers, posters and roundtables on Indigenous languages. The funding is intended for scholars presenting on Indigenous languages who have very limited or no access to funding. Priority will be given to community-based language experts.
A maximum of $5,000 per year will be budgeted to support these scholars.
- A conference registration waiver is provided.
- Information about this fund will be posted with the AAAL Call for Proposals in June annually.
- Notification of acceptance is typically sent in mid-October.
- For the 2021 AAAL Conference, the deadline to apply is October 26.
- For 2021, decisions of the committee are made and communicated by the Business Office by October 30.
- For 2021, grantees must register by November 4 or may forfeit the funding.
- The Indigenous Language Scholarship Support Fund will cover registration for the virtual conference.