Indigenous Language Scholarship Support Fund
This fund will be used to provide support enabling indigenous scholars to present and participate in the conference. It will facilitate the presentation of papers, posters, and roundtables on Indigenous languages. The funding is intended for scholars presenting on Indigenous languages who have very limited or no access to funding. Priority will be given to community-based language experts.
A maximum of $5,000 per year will be budgeted to support these scholars.
- A conference registration waiver is provided.
- Information about this fund will be posted with the AAAL Call for Proposals in June annually.
- Notification of acceptance of your proposal is typically sent on or around October 1.
- The deadline to apply is October 15.
- Decisions of the committee are made and communicated by the Business Office in late October.
- Grantees must register or may forfeit the funding.
- The Indigenous Language Scholarship Support Fund will provide a conference registration waiver and up to $500 per person for travel support.