Mango Languages Dissertation Awards
Mango Languages is now accepting proposals for our annual Dissertation Awards program, which supports exceptional dissertation research at the intersection of second language acquisition and educational technology. We invite advanced PhD candidates to submit applications on our website (see link below).
- Mango Languages will award grants in the amount of $1,000 per grant.
- Applications are due on June 15th, 2023.
- Applicants will be notified by September 1st, 2023.
- Applicants must be ABD by the application deadline, meaning all coursework and comprehensive exams are complete and the dissertation proposal has been accepted.
- Upon completion of the dissertation, award recipients will be invited to write a blog post about their research, to be published on the Mango Languages blog.
Preparing Your Submission:
Applications should be submitted online at: https://mangolanguages.com/dissertation-awards/
You will be asked to submit:
- Basic contact information
- A research summary, including:
---- A summary of the background literature that contextualizes the dissertation research
---- Clearly stated research questions
---- A description of the methodology employed
---- Expected results and potential implications for second language acquisition, educational technology, and related fields.
---- A project timeline with milestones and expected dates
---- Maximum of 2 pages, single spaced, including references. Up to two additional pages of figures and tables may be included.
- Your CV
- The name and contact information of your research supervisor, who can be contacted to complete a brief survey regarding your advanced standing and likelihood of completion.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.