Extended Deadline-2019 APLX Conference
We are welcoming abstracts for APLX 2019 at National Taipei University of Technology (Taipei Tech). This year’s theme is “Trends and Issues: Language, Culture, Translation and Bilingual Education.” Our keynote speakers are Martha Bigelow, Professor at the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, University of Minnesota, USA, and Minako O’Hagan, Associate Professor at the School of Cultures, Languages and Linguistics, the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
Extended deadline for submitting abstracts is May 31, 2019. For detailed information, please visit our official conference website at aplx2019.wordpress.com. Further enquiries can be made at email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you to APLX 2019.
APLX 2019 Conference Committee
2019 TAIPEI TECH
International Conference on Applied Linguistics
Trends and Issues: Language, Culture, Translation and Bilingual Education
Call for Papers
Conference Dates: October 31- November 1, 2019
Conference Host: Department of English, TAIPEI TECH
Conference Venue: GIS TAIPEI TECH Convention Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Professor, Department of Curriculum and Instruction
University of Minnesota, USA
Associate Professor, School of Cultures, Languages and Linguistics
The University of Auckland, New Zealand
The 2019 Taipei Tech International Conference on Applied Linguistics (APLX 2019), to be hosted by the Department of English at National Taipei University of Technology on October 31- November 1, 2019, will bring together researchers interested in linguistics, language teaching, discourse, SLA, translation and interpretation, bilingual education, cultural studies, and other related fields to report new research findings and exchange innovative ideas. The biennial conference has attracted applied linguists from around the world since 2006. This year, we continue this tradition, hoping to attract a greater number of international researchers and encourage productive exchanges and fruitful interactions among participants.
- Applied Linguistics: pragmatics, discourse analysis, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, corpus linguistics, phraseology, language and culture, language and technology, language assessment, cross-linguistic and cross-cultural communication, gender studies, and other relevant topics
- Foreign Language Teaching Theory and Practice: L2 acquisition/SLA, content-based instruction, multi-/cross-cultural issues in English education, technology and English education, and other relevant topics
- ESP Research and Teaching: technical writing, corpus resources, English for vocational education/business/tourism/science/medicine/technology/management, innovations in ESP curriculum design, international/inter-cultural communication, trends and challenges in English for specific purposes
- Translation Studies: theory and practice of translation and interpretation, translation and interpretation teaching, audiovisual translation, game localization, translation and technology, news translation.
- Bilingual Education and Bilingualism: English medium instruction (EMI), Content and language integrated learning (CLIL), bilingual language acquisition, bilingual teacher development
- Themes otherwise proposed are welcome.
Languages: The official languages of the conference are English and Mandarin Chinese. Proposals can be written in either English or Chinese, and each paper should be presented in the language in which it is submitted.
1.Abstract Due: May 31, 2019
Submit your abstract for a paper in 200-300 words, together with the completed Author’s Information Form, in one Word file by May 31, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “2019 TAIPEI TECH Conference Abstract” as “Subject” in your email.
2.Acceptance Notification: before June 30, 2019
3.Full Paper Due: Please send your full paper prepared in the APA style on WORD to email@example.com by September 15, 2019, and please indicate “2019 TAIPEI TECH Conference Full Paper” as “Subject” in your email.
4.Contact: Department of English, TAIPEI TECH
5.For more information, please visit: aplx2019.wordpress.com
Department of English, National Taipei University of Technology (Taipei Tech)
Ph: +886-2-2771-2171 ext.3900
No.1, Section 3, Zhongxiao East Road, Taipei, 10608, Taiwan