2019 TAIPEI TECH
International Conference on Applied LinguisticsThemeTrends and Issues: Language, Culture, Translation and Bilingual Education
Call for Papers
Conference Dates: October 31- November 1, 2019Conference Host: Department of English, TAIPEI TECHConference Venue: GIS TAIPEI TECH Convention Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Keynote Speakers:Martha BigelowProfessor, Department of Curriculum and InstructionUniversity of Minnesota, USAMinako O’HaganAssociate Professor, School of Cultures, Languages and LinguisticsThe University of Auckland, New Zealand
The 2019 Taipei Tech International Conference on Applied Linguistics (APLX 2019), to be hosted by the Department of English at National Taipei University of Technology on October 31- November 1, 2019, will bring together researchers interested in linguistics, language teaching, discourse, SLA, translation and interpretation, bilingual education, cultural studies, and other related fields to report new research findings and exchange innovative ideas. The biennial conference has attracted applied linguists from around the world since 2006. This year, we continue this tradition, hoping to attract a greater number of international researchers and encourage productive exchanges and fruitful interactions among participants.Conference Themes:
- Applied Linguistics: pragmatics, discourse analysis, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, corpus linguistics, phraseology, language and culture, language and technology, language assessment, cross-linguistic and cross-cultural communication, gender studies, and other relevant topics
- Foreign Language Teaching Theory and Practice: L2 acquisition/SLA, content-based instruction, multi-/cross-cultural issues in English education, technology and English education, and other relevant topics
- ESP Research and Teaching: technical writing, corpus resources, English for vocational education/business/tourism/science/medicine/technology/management, innovations in ESP curriculum design, international/inter-cultural communication, trends and challenges in English for specific purposes
- Translation Studies: theory and practice of translation and interpretation, translation and interpretation teaching, audiovisual translation, game localization, translation and technology, news translation.
- Bilingual Education and Bilingualism: English medium instruction (EMI), Content and language integrated learning (CLIL), bilingual language acquisition, bilingual teacher development
- Themes otherwise proposed are welcome.Languages: The official languages of the conference are English and Mandarin Chinese. Proposals can be written in either English or Chinese, and each paper should be presented in the language in which it is submitted.Important Dates:
- Abstract Due: May 15, 2019Submit your abstract for a paper in 200-300 words, together with the completed Author’s Information Form, in one Word file by May 15, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “2019 TAIPEI TECH Conference Abstract” as “Subject” in your email.
- Acceptance Notification: before June 15, 2019
- Full Paper Due: Please send your full paper prepared in the APA style on WORD to email@example.com by September 15, 2019, and please indicate “2019 TAIPEI TECH Conference Full Paper” as “Subject” in your email.
- Contact: Department of English, TAIPEI TECHEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, please visit: aplx2019.wordpress.com