12th Annual Pronunciation in Second Language Learning & Teaching Conference
12TH ANNUAL PRONUNCIATION IN SECOND LANGUAGE LEARNING AND TEACHING CONFERENCE
Conference Theme: Learning and Teaching Pronunciation in Diverse Contexts.
AUGUST 6-8, 2020 @ BROCK UNIVERSITY, ST. CATHARINES, NIAGARA REGION, ONTARIO, CANADA
Plenary Speaker: Ewa Waniek-Klimczak, Professor of English Linguistics, University of Łódź, Poland
The 12th annual PSLLT Conference seeks proposals for L2 pronunciation for all second languages and contexts, but especially for papers that help elucidate variation in learner needs and outcomes across diverse contexts. Together, we are hoping conference papers will reveal the extent to which currently dominant approaches to pronunciation apply across contexts and how lessons from less common contexts of learning may inform these dominant paradigms. Such papers may be related to:
- Pronunciation learning and teaching in second language contexts, including heritage language contexts
- Pronunciation learning and teaching in foreign language contexts
- Pronunciation learning and teaching in English as a Lingua Franca contexts
- Pronunciation learning and teaching in the classroom, either as a stand-alone class or integrated into the larger curriculum
- Pronunciation in professional contexts (e.g., law, medicine, educational settings)
- Pronunciation learning in naturalistic settings, absent explicit instruction
- Pronunciation learning and teaching in laboratory settings
- Pronunciation learning with technology
The Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching Conference invites proposals for three main types of presentations: Oral presentations (20 minutes +5 minutes of questions), posters (a dedicated 90-minute poster presentation session), and Teaching Tips (7-minute, evidence-based pedagogical approaches to teaching pronunciation). The Call for Papers is now open and closes on April 1, 2020. Notifications of acceptance will be made by early-May, 2020.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT - DEADLINE APRIL 1, 2020