Call for Nominations for the AILA Executive Board
The American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL) invites AAAL members to self-nominate and be supported by AAAL (i.e., nominated) to run for election to serve in the AILA Executive Board (EB). AAAL anticipates forwarding a maximum of two nominations to AILA. In the event that the AAAL nominee is selected by AILA, AAAL is committed to provide support to the elected official with related travel expenses associated with the annual AILA EB meeting.
Expectations/Requirements if elected:
- Maintain AAAL membership in good standing for the duration of the commitment
- Fulfill duties of the position as expected
Nominations are being accepted for the following positions:
- Vice President
- Publications Coordinators
Descriptions for each position can be found in the AILA Bylaws.
Applicants must supply the following:
- A description of prior service to AAAL. Please note: applicants must, at minimum, have previous service on the EC Board within the past 10 years, service on a Standing Committee in the past two years, or serve as a current chair of a Standing Committee (no more than 50 words).
- A brief, formal biographical statement containing information relevant to the position, written in first person (no more than 250 words).
- A statement overviewing the applicant’s commitment and work to date toward advancing diversity, equity, inclusion and access (no more than 350 words).
- Complete and updated contact information, including current position/title, institution/company/organization, department/program/unit/division, land address with country, email address, and phone number.
The selected individuals must be current AAAL members in good standing and must remain members of AAAL throughout the AILA term.
The deadline to apply is January 8, 2021
AAAL reserves the right to forwad nominations to AILA at our discretion