Call for AAAL Dissertation Award Nominees
AAAL invites nominations for the 2017 AAAL Dissertation Award.
Dissertations completed in the two years prior to this call (2014-present) are eligible for nomination. All dissertations must be successfully defended by the nomination deadline of June 1, 2016.
Submissions need the following materials
A 17-20 page (double-spaced) summary of the dissertation
Most recent CV
A confidential nomination letter from the dissertation supervisor
A confidential letter of support from another faculty member
Nomination and support letters are limited to 1350 words. Nomination letters need to include the following criteria:
1. How does the dissertation make a significant contribution to the field of the applied linguistics?
2. How has and what is the future potential for the nominee to contribute to the field?
3. How is the dissertation situated within the field of applied linguistics?
4. What is the impact of the theoretical framing and/or methodological rigor?
5. Comment on the innovation and originality of the dissertation.
6. How would you evaluate the clarity in writing of the dissertation for the breadth of audiences within the field of applied linguistics and related fields?
To limit the number of submissions, institutions are restricted to two nominations. The Nomination Letter and/or the Letter of Support can be submitted here.
For questions regarding the web submission process, please email the AAAL Business Office at email@example.com.