American Association for Corpus Linguistics 2016 Conference
14th Annual Technology for Second Language Learning (TSLL) Conference
Iowa State University
CALL FOR PAPERS
The American Association for Corpus Linguistics (AACL) calls for proposals for paper presentations at their next conference, which is being held jointly with the 14th Annual Technology for Second Language Learning (TSLL) Conference, on September 16-18, 2016, at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
Submission of Abstracts
Faculty, graduate students, and independent scholars are invited to submit abstracts for 25-minute (20 minute presentation + 5 minutes for questions) on any aspect of corpus linguistics. Abstracts will undergo anonymous review.
Papers are welcome from a range of subfields in three categories:
- Tools and methods (corpus creation, corpus annotation, tagging and parsing, visualization of large data sets, open source corpora (philosophy and practice), software development);
- Linguistic analyses of corpora as they relate to language use (register/genre as well as lexical and grammatical variation, language varieties, parallel corpora, historical change, lexicography);
- Application (the use of corpora in language teaching and learning).
- Cover page: Author(s) name(s); Affiliation; Contact information; Paper title; Category (see above)
- Abstract page: Paper title; Abstract (max. 250-300 words)
- Format: MS Word or PDF (the latter is necessary if the abstract contains specialized fonts)
Submit abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2016. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the category your paper would most likely fit in (see categories above).
|March 15, 2016
||Deadline for submission of abstracts
| April 15, 2016
| Notification of decisions on abstracts
| May 1, 2016
|| Early registration opens
| July 1, 2016
|| Preliminary schedule posted
| Aug 10, 2016
|| Early registration ends
| Sept 10, 2016
|| Regular registration
| Sept 16-18, 2016
|| Conference (Registration on site)
General AACL Information
Previous conferences of the American Association for (Applied) Corpus Linguistics have been held at different universities in North America starting in 1999: Northern Arizona University (2014, 2006, 2000), San Diego State University (2013), Georgia State University (2011), University of Alberta, Canada (2009), Brigham Young University (2008), University of Michigan (1999, 2005), Montclair State (2004), IUPUI (2002), and University of Massachusetts-Boston (2001).